UBE’s synthetic rubber business manufactures and sells polybutadiene rubber (BR), which is one of typical rubbers and polymerized with a cobalt catalyst. At present, we have production plant in Japan and Thailand, with one of the largest production capacity in Asia.
UBE’s BR is used in vehicle tires and a wide range of other products, including golf balls, car parts, industrial parts, footwear, and polystyrene modifier. It is a well-trusted product used both in Japan and worldwide.
We also develop products using UBE’s proprietary manufacturing technologies to meet the various requirements of our customers.
1. Process Features
With UBE’s proprietary process technologies, it is easy to control the molecular weight, the degree of branching of molecular chains and molecular weight distribution of the BR. We also have technologies for producing composites of rubber and resin using special polymerization conditions.
Using these proprietary technologies, we commercialize and sell a diverse range of BR products.
2. UBE Product Features
- UBEPOL BR® (high-cis BR)
UBEPOL BR® has attractive grades with superior physical properties such as abrasion resistance, rebound, tensile strength, heat build up, and grades with excellent processability such as mixing, roll banding, extrusion.
- UBEPOL VCR® (composite of rubber and resin)
UBEPOL VCR® consists of high-cis BR and high-crystalline syndiotactic polybutadiene resin which is a special type of polymer alloy.
UBEPOL VCR® can contribute to produce various advantages;
- to increase hardness, modulus of rubber product without adding filler.
- to reduce the volume or weight of rubber product by utilizing its reinforcing effect.
- to improve extrusion properties (extrusion output and dimensional stability) and roll mill shrinkage.
The Features of UBEPOL BR® and UBEPOL VCR® for Rubber Applications
(ML1+4, 100°C )
- cis-1,4 content of matrix polymer
The Features of UBEPOL BR® for resin improvement applications (HIPS)
|Product name||Mooney viscosity
(ML1+4, 100°C )
|UBEPOL BR®||15HB||40||60||UBE’s 15H Series enables users to select solution viscosity to match the specifications of their plant. It is achieved by offering various degrees of branching of the polymer chains.||
- Tires for passenger cars, trucks, buses, construction machinery, motorcycles and bicycles.
- Various industrial products such as polystyrene modifier, conveyor belts, hoses, rubber isolators and casters.
- Commodities such as shoe soles and golf balls.
- Ube Industries, Ltd.
- Chemicals Company,
Synthetic Rubber Div.
- Phone : +81(3)5419-6167
- Fax : +81(3)5419-6250
- Products Inquiry Form