Sodium nitrite comes in the form of white or off-white powdery crystals that gradually oxidize to sodium nitrate. It is hygroscopic and easily soluble in water (making the water solution alkaline). It is slightly soluble in alcohol and ether and forms brown nitric oxide when decomposed by acid.
25kg polyethylene bag, flexible container
- Antifoaming agent for butadiene
- Pharmaceutical raw material (aminopyrine, sulpyrine antipyretic analgesic)
- Foaming agent for polyvinyl chloride
- Heat treatment (salt bath) agent
- Metal surface preparation agent
- Diazotization of azo dye
- Manufacture of nitric oxide
- Chemicals for rubber
- Corrosion inhibitor (mixed with concrete, etc.)
Subject to the Fire Service Act (hazardous material category 1) and Poisonous and Deleterious Substances Control Act (deleterious substance)
Liquid sodium nitrite is also available (content 38%, 40%)
- Ube Industries, Ltd.
- Chemicals Company,
Engineering Plastics & Fine Chemicals Div.
Caprolactam and Industrial Chemicals Marketing Dept.
- Phone : +81(3)5419-6176
- Fax : +81(3)5419-6256
- Products Inquiry Form